Everything counts in small amounts

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Reitzes Survived Katrina

I got the below message from my aunt. The distant New Orleans Reitzes -- descendents of my great-aunt on my mother's side -- survived hurricane Katrina, but likely lost everything. My thoughts and prayers are with them and all of Katrina's victims. Please donate if you haven't already.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linda [E-mail Address Omitted]
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 8:43 PM
To: Mikey Reitz; Lisa Reitz; Lexann Henderson-Jackson
Subject: Margaret and Richard

I thought I'd pass along what is up with the southern part of our family tree...

John got Margaret to Malcolm's house in Sugarland Texas. In true John style, he thought he'd wait to leave on Sunday- figuring everyone would have left New Orleans on Saturday. They left Sunday at 2pm and got to Malcolm's at 4am. Traffic was obviously awful. Margaret is pretty shook up- figuring she won't have anything to go back to. She's 88 now and in poor health so it's hard for her as you can imagine. She figures it will be several weeks before she can go back to New Orleans, I'm thinking it will be more like several months. Margaret, John, John's wife and child are all staying with Malcolm's family indefinitely.

Richard WAS going to go to a local church with a neighbor during the hurricane- but ended up staying at the neighbor's house. They are OK - the home is OK. He can't leave the area as the roads are impassable - he has no electricity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home